Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Finished Projects & WIPs

I thought I should make a small update on my projects before Nordic Fuzz Con. I haven't done that much recently, I've mostly worked on drawing commissions and school stuff.. But here are some older finished pieces as well as projects I'm working on at the moment. ^^

For Desucon Frostbite I did two black canine tail commission for Kite and Rave:

Last autumn I did bodysuit commission to Vzion. Because the wearer can't use the fullsuits, she made just legs out of the body. The digitigrade legs are made by me, the partial (head, paws & tail) by BlackPawCreatures.

Bodysuit on me. I'm too small for it, but you can hopefully get idea of what the whole thing looked like. Sorry about the flash and dirty mirror, I didn't have any other way to get a picture of it. xD
This is Deo with the digitigrade legs! Pictures (c) Lutu.
The next piece is a recently finished bodysuit commission to Rimawolf. I'm too small for the costume, but you get the general idea! Oh, and our fursonas, Rima and Gaikotsu look so alike, they're like sisters! ^w^ We even have the same colours for our tails so I used Gaikotsu's tail when taking these pictures.

The next project is something special! It's a realistic cat fursuit partial I'm making for Linnea. It will be finished by NFC'14. The character's name is Lei and he loves you! <3 Have some progress photos!

A reference picture of the character. Art & character (c) Linnea aka Kirepapa.
The base after I thought it's finished. Since I'm mostly a canine artist feline anatomy is kind of  strange to me. I was hesitant weather to make the snout smaller or not, but luckily Minorea told I HAVE TO make it shorter because at this stage the base looked like a dog to her. And it does look like a dog to me too now!
The head after I shortened the snout, a lot more feline. :3
For this project I tried casting resin eyes for the first time. They turned out so pretty!
And here are two big, beautiful, hand painted cat eyes for Lei.

I made patterns for the fur and tried the pieces on. Everything looks alright, so I'm ready to sew the edges and glue the fur down!
I fooled around a little bit and tried the ears and eyes on the fur. Nothing's in place yet!
I scuplted a feline nose, jaw and teeth for the head. I really like the jaw! I used FIMO, Sculpey Ultra Light, Game Colors and Deco Acrylic paint. These are not finished yet!
 Oh and I also got a new baby: an airbrush set! I just have to get some other colours because those that came with the set are NOT suitable for faux fur. I ruined two test projects with them (I tried it on different quality of furs). I can't wait to use it to add more detail to my work.

I'll update about Desucon Frostbite once I get some more photos. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment